HIGHGATE — Three people were cited after an altercation in Highgate where Vermont State Police say a pregnant woman was punched in the face Sunday.
Jennifer Sartwell, 27, of Highgate, was cited on a charge of simple assault after she allegedly reached into a vehicle that Summer Messier, 30, was driving and punched her in the face. State police say Messier is pregnant with her eighth child.
Messier arrived at the residence of her ex-boyfriend Charles Sartwell Jr. to pick up one of her children, and an argument broke out with Charles Sartwell Sr., 49, Kimberly Sartwell, 49, both of Highgate, and Jennifer Sartwell, according to police.
State police say Charles Sartwell Sr. punched the window of Messier’s vehicle and slapped her boyfriend, Patrick Plattner, 29, in the face. Kimberly Sartwell allegedly grabbed Messier’s arm before trying to slap her in the face.
Charles Sartwell Sr. and Kimberly Sartwell were both cited on charges of disorderly conduct.
All three are to appear in Franklin County criminal court Dec. 17 to answer the charges.MORE IN Vermont NewsA confidential memo obtained by Vermont Public Radio shows that the Agency of Education is still... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.