BURLINGTON — One of the Lake Champlain ferry routes between Vermont and New York has reduced its service because of strong winds from Hurricane Sandy.
The Lake Champlain Transportation Company said only one ferry was operating between Charlotte, Vt., and Essex, N.Y. as of midafternoon on Monday. Usually two ferries work that route.
Operations Manager Heather Stewart says the main office is in contact with the skippers and service can be suspended as warranted in bad weather. She says they take big storms seriously.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation