Crash leads to DUI chargeOctober 29,2012Crash leads to DUI charge
BRATTLEBORO ó A Jacksonville teenager was arrested for crashing his car while driving with seven of his friends early Saturday morning.
Mike Locascio, 17, was charged with driving under the influence and leaving the scene of a crash.
Three of the passengers were taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. Two were treated for minor injuries and released while another was transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital in West Lebanon, N.H. None of the passengers were wearing seat belts, police said.
Prior to the accident, Locascio and his friends were at a Whitingham party where a fight broke out, according to State Trooper Nader Hashim. One individual used a vehicle as a weapon, struck two victims, and fled the scene, the trooper said. The driver is believed to reside in the Brattleboro area.
Two other crashes associated with the Whitingham incident are under investigation. Locascio will be arraigned at criminal court in Brattleboro Nov. 20.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.