Crash leads to DUI chargeOctober 29,2012Crash leads to DUI charge
BRATTLEBORO — A Jacksonville teenager was arrested for crashing his car while driving with seven of his friends early Saturday morning.
Mike Locascio, 17, was charged with driving under the influence and leaving the scene of a crash.
Three of the passengers were taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. Two were treated for minor injuries and released while another was transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital in West Lebanon, N.H. None of the passengers were wearing seat belts, police said.
Prior to the accident, Locascio and his friends were at a Whitingham party where a fight broke out, according to State Trooper Nader Hashim. One individual used a vehicle as a weapon, struck two victims, and fled the scene, the trooper said. The driver is believed to reside in the Brattleboro area.
Two other crashes associated with the Whitingham incident are under investigation. Locascio will be arraigned at criminal court in Brattleboro Nov. 20.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.