Jerry Velez, top, Richard Caguilat, left, William Disburger, right, and Carol Seymour remove a large sign from the Sea Shell Ice Cream shop in Wildwood, N.J., on Saturday in preparation for Hurricane Sandy.Hurricane Sandy is kicking up big waves along South Carolina as it heads north, where forecasters say it will likely hit two winter weather systems, creating a hybrid monster storm.
Residents in the storm’s path are boarding up windows and stocking up on supplies before Sandy’s predicted landfall early Tuesday near the Delaware coast.
Here’s a look at AP photos of the storm and preparations so far in the U.S.:
MORE IN Wire NewsJOHANNESBURG — Nelson Mandela was a master of forgiveness. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation