I would like to thank the Rutland Garden Club for their participation in planting the summer flowers and winter greens in the window boxes on Merchants Row and Center Street.
On behalf of the Garden Club, we want to thank the downtown merchants for looking after the boxes in front of their stores. We also want to thank Bob Peterson and the Rutland Recreation and Parks maintenance department for their help and diligence in watering the boxes on a regular basis.
Through the combined efforts of all, the downtown area had some beautiful color all summer and fall, followed by holiday greens for the winter season. We look forward to next year and happy, healthy plantings to enhance the downtown area.
(Rutland Garden Club)
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.