Windsor employee honored for careOctober 25,2012Windsor employee honored for care
WINDSOR — A Cedar Hill Continuing Care Community of Windsor employee was recognized by the state for her work in care giving.
Sarah Mack received the Vermont Health Care Association award for Geriatric Registered Nurse of the Year. The statewide award is presented for excellence in care giving and dedication to patient care.
Mack has been working in long-term care for more than ten years and progressed from L.N.A. to L.P.N. to R.N.
A family member of a Cedar Hill resident nominated Mack for the award, according Cedar Hill officials.
“Sarah is a person who not only has the technical skills and medical knowledge required for nursing but also possesses the personality traits, demeanor, professionalism and dedication to effectively provide high quality care. She has and continues to positively enrich the lives of the residents of Cedar Hill,” said the family member.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.