Windsor employee honored for careOctober 25,2012Windsor employee honored for care
WINDSOR — A Cedar Hill Continuing Care Community of Windsor employee was recognized by the state for her work in care giving.
Sarah Mack received the Vermont Health Care Association award for Geriatric Registered Nurse of the Year. The statewide award is presented for excellence in care giving and dedication to patient care.
Mack has been working in long-term care for more than ten years and progressed from L.N.A. to L.P.N. to R.N.
A family member of a Cedar Hill resident nominated Mack for the award, according Cedar Hill officials.
“Sarah is a person who not only has the technical skills and medical knowledge required for nursing but also possesses the personality traits, demeanor, professionalism and dedication to effectively provide high quality care. She has and continues to positively enrich the lives of the residents of Cedar Hill,” said the family member.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.