Farms host raw milk dayOctober 25,201210 Vermont farms
hosting Dairy Day
Farmers from 10 dairy farms across the state are inviting people on Saturday to celebrate Raw Milk Dairy Day.
The full-day event will feature tours of the farms and interactive activities including watching a milking.
Participating farms include Cerridwen Farm at Green Mountain College in Poultney, Jersey Girls Dairy in Chester, Taylor Farm in Londonderry, Trevin Farms in Sudbury and Wayward Goose Farm in West Pawlet.
Other participating farms are Earthwise Farm and Forest in Randolph, Hazen Monument Farm in East Hardwick, Hollister Hill Farm in Marshfield, New Village Farm in Shelburne and Windy Corners Farm in Charlotte.
For more information on the event, contact Johanna Douglas at email@example.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.