Farms host raw milk dayOctober 25,201210 Vermont farms
hosting Dairy Day
Farmers from 10 dairy farms across the state are inviting people on Saturday to celebrate Raw Milk Dairy Day.
The full-day event will feature tours of the farms and interactive activities including watching a milking.
Participating farms include Cerridwen Farm at Green Mountain College in Poultney, Jersey Girls Dairy in Chester, Taylor Farm in Londonderry, Trevin Farms in Sudbury and Wayward Goose Farm in West Pawlet.
Other participating farms are Earthwise Farm and Forest in Randolph, Hazen Monument Farm in East Hardwick, Hollister Hill Farm in Marshfield, New Village Farm in Shelburne and Windy Corners Farm in Charlotte.
For more information on the event, contact Johanna Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — Vermont Health Department says eight children from the Charlotte Central... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.