Farms host raw milk dayOctober 25,201210 Vermont farms
hosting Dairy Day
Farmers from 10 dairy farms across the state are inviting people on Saturday to celebrate Raw Milk Dairy Day.
The full-day event will feature tours of the farms and interactive activities including watching a milking.
Participating farms include Cerridwen Farm at Green Mountain College in Poultney, Jersey Girls Dairy in Chester, Taylor Farm in Londonderry, Trevin Farms in Sudbury and Wayward Goose Farm in West Pawlet.
Other participating farms are Earthwise Farm and Forest in Randolph, Hazen Monument Farm in East Hardwick, Hollister Hill Farm in Marshfield, New Village Farm in Shelburne and Windy Corners Farm in Charlotte.
For more information on the event, contact Johanna Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.