Patricia J. TaggartOctober 25,2012Patricia J. Taggart Rites
CASTLETON — The funeral service for Patricia J. Taggart, 83, of Castleton, who died Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012, was held Wednesday, Oct. 24, at Castleton Federated Church.
The Rev. Robert Noble III, pastor, officiated.
The organist was Nathaniel De Young.
Words of remembrance were by Edward O’Neill.
Bearers were Greg, Jason, Sean and David Taggart, Tim O’Neill and Mike Smith.
Honorary bearers were Mickey Rooney, Norm Williams, Gary Beam and George Taggart.
Burial followed in Hillside Cemetery in Castleton.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland Area Visiting Nurse & Hospice Association, 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05701; or Castleton First Response, PO Box 727, Castleton, VT 05735.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,