A Vermont man has been sentenced to over seven years in prison for participating in cocaine distribution and firearms trafficking.
Terry Bahner and other family members and friends were charged with various drug and gun crimes in an indictment returned by a federal grand jury in 2011.
Prosecutors said the 28-year-old Bahner of Barre conspired to sell cocaine from his home. They said he also sold or brokered the sale of eight firearms to a confidential informant working with law enforcement and an undercover officer.
In May 2011, law enforcement officers executed a search warrant on the home and arrested Bahner and the others.
Bahner is the fourth defendant in the case to be sentenced.
Ronald Newton was sentenced to the longest term, over 13 years in prison, in August.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,