BURLINGTON — The head of the company that put on a dance party in Vermont’s largest city that led to alcohol citations for 16 underage men and women says there’s nothing to back up claims by Burlington officials that the event was unsafe.
Barstool Blackout President David Portnoy said Tuesday he “hadn’t heard a peep” from city officials until Monday when Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger held a news conference to announce a tightening-up of the review process following drinking-related incidents at the Friday night event.
Police say 16 people were detoxed or hospitalized after the event.
Weinberger said the company won’t be able to hold another such event at Memorial Auditorium.
Portnoy told the Burlington Free Press that people in his organization Milton, Mass.,-based organization thought the Vermont show went well.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — The Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival opened Sunday with one of the most... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool