It amazes me how the polls for the presidential election seem to be so close. If the electorate watched the news carefully, there should be a 20-point lead for soon-to-be President Romney. There has never been an administration as obvious about ignoring the Constitution as this one. The president by executive order gives amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants to get their votes.
Do a Google search; when President Obama took office, the price of gas was $1.68, now it is $3.85-$4 a gallon. The energy secretary said that gas should be $8 to $10 a gallon. This administration using the EPA has closed 100 of the 500 coal-fired electric plants in the country and plans to close another 200 by 2014. As President Obama said when he was elected, he would put coal out of business.
But if you are George Kaiser, a political bundler who raised $50,000 for the presidentís 2008 campaign, you can [get] government grants and grantees worth $535 million for the failed Solyndra solar company. We, in this country using solar, wind, clean coal, natural gas, oil and ethanol, can and should be energy independent if the administration wasnít at the mercy of the radical environmental nut cases in the Democratic Party. This story [is] from ABC News, not exactly a right-wing publication.
When the fast and furious gun scandal blew up in Attorney General Eric Holderís face, why did President Obama use executive privilege if he didnít know about it or was not involved?
If America was energy-independent, oil prices would be down and we would not have fought three wars and 9/11 probably would not have happened. When we elect President Romney, we will have a proven leader and businessman who can get this country moving again.
ShaftsburyMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.