Rain causes wreck
on Interstate 89
BOLTON — The northbound lane of Interstate 89 in Bolton was closed for about an hour Saturday after a chain-reaction accident involving five vehicles, including a tractor trailer.
Vermont State Police said the accident happened early Saturday while it was raining heavily, causing reduced visibility and areas of standing water on the highway.
The crash started when a car hydroplaned, collided with a guardrail and was then struck by another vehicle, police said.
The operator of the first vehicle was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules voted Thursday to certify its earlier rejection... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation