Rain causes wreck
on Interstate 89
BOLTON ó The northbound lane of Interstate 89 in Bolton was closed for about an hour Saturday after a chain-reaction accident involving five vehicles, including a tractor trailer.
Vermont State Police said the accident happened early Saturday while it was raining heavily, causing reduced visibility and areas of standing water on the highway.
The crash started when a car hydroplaned, collided with a guardrail and was then struck by another vehicle, police said.
The operator of the first vehicle was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.MORE IN Vermont News(Editorís note: This is the final part of an Associated Press series of profiles on candidates... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.