My name was not included on Patricia Mandeville’s letter of Oct. 2 regarding our concerns about recent board decisions at the Chaffee Art Center. Therefore, I am writing to add my name to the disappointing steps that have been taken.
To me, over the past few years, the Chaffee has grown and expanded its presence in our community with creative and innovative programs for adults and children, always with continuing art exhibits. Much local talent has been launched, created and inspired at the Chaffee.
I am a member and have volunteered and participated in programs, always welcomed and appreciated by Mary and Jessica. The fundraising efforts I have seen have been done by Mary. Extensive publicity has been evident in and by the Rutland Herald as well as through mailings, and emails.
I thank Mary Mitiguy, executive director, and Jessica Kaminski, gallery coordinator, for their fine work for our local art center, the Chaffee. They will be remembered.
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.