Charles R. HurstOctober 08,2012Charles R. Hurst
NORTH CLARENDON — Charles Richard Hurst, 73, died Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012, at Rutland Health & Rehabilitation Center.
The funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, at St. Mary Catholic Church in Brandon.
Friends may call from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, at the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired, 60 Kimball Ave., South Burlington, VT 05403.
A full obituary will be published in a future edition of the Rutland Herald.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool