David H. PrattOctober 03,2012
David H. PrattDavid H. Pratt
DOVER, Del. — David Holden Pratt, 61, died Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, at Kent General Hospital, following a long illness.
He was born May 30, 1951, the son of Richard H. and Anna (Benson) Pratt, in Rutland, Vt., where he graduated from Mount St. Joseph Academy.
He enlisted in the U.S. Air Force in 1969 and was trained as an air freight specialist. He won top honors in the Military Airlift Command combat airlift competition and later served in Viet Nam on two tours. Always home-based in Dover, he was deployed worldwide, participated in relief missions and retired in 1989.
After retirement, Mr. Pratt raised quail and pheasants for game farms and was a groundskeeper for a golf course.
He was a member of the Dover American Legion, an avid hunter and shooter and enjoyed trips in his camper.
Survivors include five siblings, Richard of Clarendon, Vt., John of Virginia, Kathy Scott of Burlington, Vt., Mary of Massachusetts and Eleanor Hart of Milton, Vt.; two aunts, several nieces, nephews and cousins.
The celebration of his life will be held at a later date at the American Legion in Dover.
For condolences and guest book, visit at www.torbertfuneral.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.