Margaret A. BarnesSeptember 28,2012
Margaret A. BarnesMargaret A. Barnes
JACKSON, Mo. — Margaret A. (Hudgings) Barnes, 70, of Jackson, Mo., died Monday, Sept. 24, 2012, at her home.
She was born Friday, Oct. 10, 1941, in Cape Girardeau, Mo., to Clay T. and Dorothy (Schlue) Hudgings, Jr.
Margaret attended Jefferson High School in Lafayette, Ind., and was a graduate of Logansport High School in Logansport, Ind.
She enjoyed reading and being with family.
She is survived by a daughter, Polly A. Barnes of Glendale, Ariz.; sons, John E. Barnes, III of Chicago, Ill., and Clay T. Barnes of Indianapolis, Ind.; brother, Clay T. Hudgings, III of Mount Holly, Vt.; sister, Susan Bromley of Orange, Tex.; aunt, Virginia Dolly Schlue of Cape Girardeau, Mo.; several cousins, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Jeanne Jenkins.
A graveside service was held Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012, at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Memorial contributions may be given to the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, 309 W. Washington, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60606-3200.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford & Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.