- This Just In
Today in This Just InMore StoriesMonday, May 04This Just In Vaccine debate heats up with star witness 0This Just In Shumlin gambles, Sanders could change the gameSunday, May 03This Just In Protesters declaring victory in BaltimoreThis Just In Aid still scarce in Nepal’s remote villagesThis Just In Apple Blossom CotillionThis Just In Domestic assault cases challenge police, prosecutorsThis Just In Vt. practices responsible investment, to a pointThis Just In Baby talk is about more than nonsense wordsSaturday, May 02This Just In Mill River golf wins at GMNThis Just In Spartans eliminated from NAC softball tourneyThis Just In Beautiful day for a paradeThis Just In Leavitt joins NUARI boardThis Just In Brattleboro firm hires Sabrina DukThis Just In Debra McDurfee promoted at bankFriday, May 01This Just In Shumlin defends late budget push 0This Just In Podcast: Capitol Beat with the governor 0This Just In Triple play ends Westside threatThis Just In Pats edge Wasps boys in tennisThis Just In Wasps edge Rutland in boys lacrosseThis Just In MSJ girls tennis now 2-2This Just In Busy Bulldogs top WindsorThursday, April 30This Just In Trooper resigns over Facebook posts 0This Just In In presidential bid, Sanders warns not to underestimate him 0This Just In Vt. students survive earthquake in NepalThis Just In Woods tosses a two-hitterThis Just In Slaters come up short against MAUThis Just In Raiders win at NeshobeThis Just In Journalists named VLS media fellowsWednesday, April 29This Just In Vermont town votes to close 65-student high school 0This Just In Few Vermont veterans switching to private doctors 0This Just In Hikers stuck in deep snow rescued in Vermont 0This Just In Spilt Milk: House elfThis Just In State trooper suspended for online postingThis Just In Lunchtime walks planned todayThis Just In Castleton Police Department hosts open house
National Election Headlines
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed