- This Just In
Today in This Just InHAVANA — Daniela Martinez long figured that someday she would leave the struggles of daily life... Full StoryPESHAWAR, Pakistan — Six militants were killed in a U.S. Full StoryNEW YORK — Even as New York’s police department takes heat for its tactics in the outrage over... Full StoryMIAMI — Waving flags and chanting “Obama, traitor,” anti-Castro protesters gathered Saturday in a... Full StoryThe Agency of Education is reviewing preliminary data that appears to show small schools are more... Full StoryMore StoriesSaturday, December 20No items to displayFriday, December 19This Just In Vermont Gas pipeline estimate jumps 27 percent; seeks delay of Phase 2 - Updated 1:33 p.m. 0This Just In Public inspects Killington firehouse conditionsThis Just In Dogs might be curbed from watershedThis Just In Digital dilemma: How will US respond to Sony hack?This Just In Some see gas as replacement for Vermont YankeeThis Just In Spanos witness jailed to ensure appearance at trialThursday, December 18This Just In Police investigate two Rutland County robberies 0This Just In The Local Spin: Dancing to the holiday beatThis Just In Bennington opens ‘Project Catalyst’ tiplineThis Just In New charge against accused car thiefThis Just In Trashed Middlebury gym is back in shapeThis Just In Grants focus on health, food connectionWednesday, December 17This Just In CSJ expands with new PA programThis Just In Injury in Rutland Town accidentThis Just In Man denies he choked womanThis Just In Sanders says Social Security top priorityThis Just In Committee approves DPW budgetThis Just In Man denies selling heroin in fatal caseTuesday, December 16This Just In Man in critical condition after Route 7 crash 0This Just In Former School Board member accused of child crueltyThis Just In Offender returns to jail after fightThis Just In Man jailed on abuse chargeThis Just In Widespread FairPoint phone outages continueThis Just In Mount Holly seeks bids for garageThis Just In Vigil for homeless slated for MondayMonday, December 15This Just In Man accused in three cases in three daysThis Just In Seward’s reopens for businessThis Just In Few straggles to regain power todayThis Just In Browns urge partners to give to Wounded WarriorsThis Just In Residents rally in favor of universal health careThis Just In Proctor case sent back to decide negligence
National Election Headlines
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed